At the moment, the Solaris packages are not as complete as the SuSE packages. In addition, we are currently only creating packages for Sparc based Solaris. Solaris packages are distributed using the standard heritage Solaris packaging format. Currently, all of these packages are created under Solaris 10.
It is our intention to create these packages in a manner that is similar to the approach developed under SuSE such that you can have one numbered version installed of each style of GNAT/GNAT packages (e.g. One version based on the FSF GCC sources and one vesion based on the GNAT/GPL version sources).
Installing the Binary Packages
Download the .pkg.tar.gz files for each item you want to install. Uncompress and extract the file (e.g. gcat gzcat GNUAda-GCC-GNAT-4.0.2.SPARC.pkg.tar.gz | tar xf -
- Download the desired package file (generally a gziped tar file)
- Uncompress and untar the file (e.g. gzcat GNUAda-GCC-GNAT-4.0.2.SPARC.pkg.tar.gz | tar xf - )
- cd into the resulting directory (e.g. cd GNUAda-GCC-GNAT-4.0.2)
- Execute the Solaris package install command as root (e.g. pkgadd -d . )
- Select the package from the resulting list of packages and install it.
All of the packages will install (by default) under /opt/gnuada.
It is our intention to semi-automate the switching between packages using the GNAT Config script in a manner similar to (perhaps identical to) what was done under SuSE however, at this time, we are only creating packages based on the FSF/GCC version (i.e. We are not currently building GNAT GPL based distributions).